Today, we were given a project to chose and design from a range of different types of cutlery. Our options were between technological and sophisticated cutlery, new cutlery for Heston's Blumenthal’s 'Fat Duck' restaurant, children's cutlery, cutlery for the aging population or transport cutlery for on the go. I decided to go for the children's cutlery because I thought that working with that type of style would be more beneficial to me for designing and working with on 3D Max. So to start off my research, I looked up some images to help motivate me and inspire me for my project.
This is the Mood board that I designed and the images for what I thought would help me with ideas.
The images that I have selected, I believed that they were very unique and creative ideas. It shows a variety of how children can use, enjoy and have fun with these sets of cutlery. It even has styles for uni-sex, boys or girls and the variety is endless. But these are just suggestions from what I am wanting to design. What caught my eye was for how the cutlery can look similar to human or animal figures, able mix and match instead of being bored with the same plain set. The sets can also represent as useful tools such as screw drivers, machinery or garden accessories which can help motivate children to work with these items for real.
This is the theme board that I designed and the images that I chose to help inspire me for my animal themed cutlery.
The images that I have selected are the ones that I thought were stronger in the sense of helping me develop my designs for my project. I decided to go for an animal theme because I thought it seemed more creative, exciting and fun for kids, since most of the population of children love animals. The different materials used such as silver, wood or plastic help children become more aware of the different forms and species of animals which brings a learning curve into it. These funky designs can provide children a more efficient way of eating by teaching them to have more enjoyment and pleasure with meal times from using cutlery which encourage them and doesn't distract them.


No comments:
Post a Comment